Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And so it begins...

I've wanted to start a blog for a while, for a long while. I had big ideas and lots of people encouraged me to start but time after time it seemed like one thing always held me back. Focus. What can I commit myself to writing about on a regular basis when my interests change even more regularly? Finally it came to me, why limit myself? Sure my posts might not always be consistent, but who am I trying to impress here? Nobody. So let it stand, on record that I am not here to convert anyone to my beliefs or profess that I am an expert of any kind. I've missed writing and my thoughts are of some value (maybe more to me than you), so I've decided to express them. And lucky for you, I've decided to share. So, with that, here we go. Disclaimer: This is a creative outlet. Contrary to what you will read here, I am a contributing member or society and not just some crazed fan/stocker of anything and everything entertainment based. I'm not obsessed, I swear.

I'm pretty excited about this blog thing so I'm going to be covering a lot of material in this first post. It will be worth the read, I promise. I'll call this section of the post,
"The World According to Kayla"
The following topics are happenings that have touched my heart and mind in a myriad of ways over the past week or so.

1. Living Philanthropic
My new position at work has me researching blog styles and trends. So, I see a lot of blogs every week, a lot. None have struck me quite like Carlo's. I stumbled upon his blog, Living Philanthropic last Friday and was instantly awestruck. This every day, middle class young man is on a mission and is changing lives everyday. 313 days ago he made a lofty goal to start donating to a different charity everyday for a year. He is now only 52 days away from achieving his goal. Carlo touched my heart and inspired me to do my part to help make the world a better place. I'm still pondering just how I am going to live up to his inspiration, so feel free to leave me suggestions if you would like. I do know that I am thankful for Carlo and the spirit of generosity that he carries and has spread through the blogosphere. If you need a pick me up or just want to feel enthralled, check out this site.

2. Mail man Santa brought me a gift in March!
 My family will understand the mail man Santa reference here and that's all that really matters. It's an ode to Austin and all the love, joy and excitement he found in every day of life. Anyway, I got a very special gift in the mail yesterday. Tickets to this show...
  That's right. Celine is coming back to Vegas, so I am too. Ryan and I have been dreaming about a big vacation for a while. We talked about going to Europe and then I started dreaming about going to Australia. But for some reason Ryan wasn't so comfortable with that. Aside from the fact that he says he's afraid of the "gigantic spiders" he claims they have there, I think he was more worried I would come home with one of these...
Isn't he adorable? Anyway, I digress. Big vacation plans got pushed aside for another time. We will finally go on these big trips most likely "when we retire", that's what Ryan likes to say at least. So, instead of forgetting any get away, we decided to plan a quick long weekend trip to Vegas in early April. I am so excited to see Celine's new show and will provide a thorough review when I return. I'm not quite done here just yet though. Believe it or not, more than my insatiable Celine fan urge was calling me to Nevada on this exact weekend. Sin City is playing host to another small event the first weekend in April that I had failed to notice.


That's right, the Academy of Country Music Awards are taking place in Las Vegas the same night we have tickets to go see Celine! Fate was calling me alright, just to give me a slap in the face! All is well though, I will be on Tim McGraw and T-Swift high alert all weekend long. Hopefully I will have some pictures to help depict the adventures of our trip as well. This serves as a perfect segue to...

3. Tim McGraw - June 16, 2011

So, the concert is finally official because tickets go on sale this weekend! McGrawFan (yeah, that's me) pre-sale starts Friday morning, so wish me the best. Still waiting for a run in like we had on August 6, 2006. I am psyched for the "Emotional Traffic" Tour featuring Mr. McGraw, Luke Bryan (honestly, not that excited for him) and The Band Perry! I love "If I Die Young". Take a listen below if you haven't heard it before.

Well, I still need to cover the Oscars and my prediction regarding the legacy of an interesting acting family. That should keep you on your seat until we meet next. That's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment