Wednesday, May 11, 2011

25 Reasons why I love Oprah - Number 22: "Oprah's Big Give"

Reason 22: "Oprah's Big Give"



Remember this, anyone? Can we say, shades of OWN? We all should have noticed Oprah's extracurricular television activities with the debut of her own reality show, "Oprah's Big Give" in early 2008. It did what no other reality show has done, pitted people against one another in a competition to determine who could be the most generous of them all.

My favorite memory of the show is when a contestant bought out all the flowers a street vendor had and then handed them out to people as they were driving by. It still brings a smile to my heart. I plan to do that someday.
 
I think we could use more of that kind of insight in the world today. Which we can, through OWN, for now at least. "The Big Give" didn't garner great ratings and was canceled after just one season. I hope a similar fate doesn't await the network. So, give a little. If you have the channel please check it out and support the uplifting programming!

No comments:

Post a Comment